I just wanted to let the iPad users on this list know that Notion
Software has just released a brand new music notation product for the
iPad, Notion, which is a very robust product.  It's got many of the
capabilities of their larger product for computers which has been on the
market for many years now, and it comes with fantastic instrumental
sounds included.  I sure hope that Finale and Sibelius are paying
attention and are working on such software as well -- Notion can import
and export MusicXML files so it will be possible (although I haven't
tested it yet) to work on a file in Sibelius or Finale on the computer,
export as MusicXML and load that onto the iPad and continue working on
it while travelling and then export as MusicXML from Notion on the iPad
back to the computer for more work.

They've got an introductory price of just $.99 -- after December 20th
the price will jump to $14.99.  The product is much more like computer
notation products (Finale, Sibelius, Notion) than Symphony Pro (the
other very robust iPad music notation software product).  To get a
complete set of sounds you need to spend an additional $29.99 but in my
opinion (as a working musician who is also a composer and arranger) it
is definitely worth the price.  And for a total of only $30.98 I have
ended up with a fantastic app.

It is a large download, though, runnning just around 1.9GB for the app
itself and then an additional 1.5GB to hold the additional sounds I
bought.  It is possible to purchase just some additional sounds as
in-app purchases, but I figured I would bite the bullet and just buy the
whole thing right off the bat.

Here's the link to the Notion software page about the new product:
http://www.notionmusic.com/products/notionipad.html

You can get to the appstore page from that screen simply by clicking on
the "Available on the AppStore" link about half-way down the right hand
side of the screen (you'll most likely have to scroll to see it).

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com