Finale 2012a
MacOS 10.5.8

Can anyone else recreate this?

In 3/2, 6/4, or 12/8 time, put in a dotted whole note. In another layer,
force a whole rest (speedy entry 7).
Space the measure.
I get extra space added to the front of the measure. If I remove the forced
whole rest, it is spaced normally. If I change the dotted whole note to any
other note value and/or rhythmic combination, it is spaced normally. If I
change the forced whole rest to other rest values, it is spaced normally.
I get this bad spacing no matter which layer the notes are entered in.
This seems to only happen when there's a dotted whole note on the first
beat in conjunction with a forced whole rest. If you use a whole rest and
fill the rest of the measure with rests, it doesn't happen. But, filling
the other voice with more than a whole rest isn't standard, so I'd like to
avoid it.

(I get this in larger time signatures like 9/4, 12/4, etc.)

Finale Tech support claims not to get this bug. They recommended I trash
preferences and restart. The same behavior still happens.

This also happens in my version of 2010 and 2008.