On 2012-01-25, at 9:37 PM, Darcy James Argue wrote:

> Anyone else having crashing problems with Mac Finale 2012 when (deliberately)
> entering measures with too many notes (like real whole rests in a 3/4
> measure)? Finale warns of too many notes, I click "ignore" as usual, but then
> I get Finale Error 177, usually followed by a crash shortly thereafter. Am I
> alone in seeing this?

I can't help with the technical problem, but I do think that instead of "Finale
Error 177", it should be called the "Amadeus Error" after the movie:

Emperor Joseph II: My dear young man, don't take it too hard. Your work is
ingenious. It's quality work. And there are simply too many notes, that's all.
Just cut a few and it will be perfect.

Mozart: Which few did you have in mind, Majesty?

-Randolph Peters