On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 6:30 AM, David H. Bailey <
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com> wrote:

> On 2/5/2012 11:42 PM, Raymond Horton wrote:
> > Finale does not save as MP3.  No program does everything.
> >
> [snip]
>
> Yes it does (well, not everything, but it does save as mp3) -- in
> Fin2012, right in the Export As Audio function where you have to tell
> the program where to save the audio file and what name to save it under,
> you get to select whether to save as Standard Audio File (wave) or
> Compressed mp3 file.
>
> In earlier versions I believe there was a similar choice but it was not
> obvious where to change the setting.

Hey, I was wrong - not the first or last time.

OK, smarty-pants (and I mean that in the best possible sense of the term)
can you, or anyone else, help me with this one, on the same subject?

I mentioned that I have often inconsistent results with the "Save as Audio"
function.

In December, for a church service, I arranged a score for an ensemble of
about 10 instruments that was to accompany a singer.  For another service,
at which the instrumental ensemble could not be present, the same song and
singer was needed, so we wanted accompaniment trax from the Finale file.
 The music director for that service also runs a small recording studio,
and he wanted each instrumental GPO group on a separate WAV file.  He was
going to sync them up, balance them separately, and add live drums.  It was
to be about six separate wav files.  The first three or four "Saved to
Audio" just fine, but then, with no notice or anything done differently,
the remaining "Save to Audio" WAV files where unusable - the balance would
be totally off, even changing balance in the middle of the file, or other
problems.  So I had to record the remaining files in real time to Audacity.

Ever since then "Save as Audio" results in unusable audio - mostly the
resulting wav file is very soft, or most instruments will be soft while the
percussion is very loud, etc.

As I said, I haven't changed anything.  I appreciate any suggestions.

Raymond Horton
Bass Trombonist, Louisville Orchestra
Minister of Music, Edwardsville (IN) UMC
Composer, Arranger
VISIT US AT rayhortonmusic.com