Starting in Fin11, staff groups have measure ranges and no longer apply to
systems. On the whole I think this is a terrific improvement, but as far as
I can tell it seems the UI is still mired down in the system-oriented way
of doing things. What I would like to be able to do is select a staff and
split the group into two at that point, allowing me to edit it separately
from that point forward. Does that exist in the UI? I haven't been able to
find it. All I can find is a technique for deleting and recreating the
group over the range of a system. This doubly problematic: it's a lot of
work to recreate the group, and it gives one less control over the measure
range than I'd like.

It looks like a simple plugin could do it, but I don't want to replicate
existing Finale functionality.