> I'll bet you're on a chromatically-transposing staff, viewing in concert
> pitch.
>
> This is a giant tub of crap that started way, way back. I have it documented
> in 2007, but it probably dates from before that. Speedy Entry 9 (enharmonic
> flip) and * (force accidental) have been broken for a long time, and they
> haven't even looked at it, never mind tried to fix it, since it broke. Please
> open a tech support case, detailing exactly what is what so they can
> reproduce it, and point out that this has been broken for a long time now.

I've had similar problems repeatedly in chromatically transposing staffs when
NOT viewing in concert pitch.  In a way that seems random to me, accidentals
disappear, particularly cautionary accidentals that I've put in and frozen with
the asterisk key.  They will show up when I hit the asterisk key, but disappear
when I leave the measure.  Sometimes, repeated freezing and unfreezing will get
them to go in.  In some cases, I have had to resort to putting the accidentals
in graphically (as expressions) just to have a cautionary accidental where I
want it.

It has never happened to me with a non-transposing instrument.  It has happened
when I have entered music and then transposed it.

I really do wish that MM would finally fix this truly annoying problem with
cautionary accidentals in transposing staves.

David Froom