Weren't the score and the parts the same PDF file?  Most of the time
when I buy a PDF of music the seller has combined them all into a single
PDF file, which may or may not be password protected.

But basically we have to trust each other.  The thieves will always find
a way to steal and the rest of us are basically honest people not out to
screw anybody else.

Congratulations on selling your first PDF!  May it be just the first of
many!

David H. Bailey

On 3/30/2012 5:44 PM, Paul Hayden wrote:
> Well, I sold my first PDF today. Being the clever sort, I password-protected
> the score and two parts using Acrobat. You can probably guess what happened:
> the buyer could only open the score and not the parts (and he was using the
> latest version of Adobe Reader).
>
> No more passwords, I guess! I did, however, add a text box (not a "stamp")
> with his name and price. Of course, that can be easily removed...
>
> Paul Hayden
>

> Magnolia Music Press
> <www.paulhayden.com>

David H. Bailey