I am relatively new to Macs and have just downloaded Finale 2012 from the
MakeMusic website to my MacBook Air (1.6Ghz Intel, 4Gb Ram). I had successfully
and easily installed Finale 2011 with Garritan sounds on the same laptop some
months back from disc. The web download was strange and confusing:

(1) As components of the install package were downloading, the dialogue box
included strange claims of download progress like, "3,500% complete - 2 mins to
go (sic)" and stayed on that for hours. After many more hours, the final
dialogue box - which stated it was downloading a Finale 2012 GIF, 8,400%
complete (sic) ....  5 mins remaining - froze! I Force Quit the installer but
then found that a functional Finale 2012 seemed to be perfectly installed.

(2) Garritan sounds don't seem to have been downloaded - in the score setup
options Garritan sounds are not available. I can't find a way to engage the
Garritan already installed with Fin 2011.

The install was crazy, but can anyone tell me what I have to do to either
activate the Garritan Aria Engine and sounds that are already installed with
2011 for Fin2012, and, if preferable, to complete the full Fin/Garritan
install? I looked at the MM website download page and i couldn't see a separate
Garritan install. (I did tick the option to download Garritan in the original
Fin 2012 web download dialogue box).

I've never had this kind of problems with 14 years of FinWin installs.

Regards
Rodney