Darcy,

That was it! I was dragging the new pages into the sidebar, but I WASN'T
dragging them on TOP of the thumbnail, I was dragging them BELOW, where I
thought I wanted them to go. I have to make sure I drag it to the LOWER 50% of
the thumbnail, too, otherwise it will put it before the page I am dragging it
onto, instead of after. This seems to have changed in the new OS, and the new
behaviour is not accounted for in the help file.

Eric, I saw the Automator idea once you clued me into it. I will certainly
remember it for the next time, especially if the job is this big again!

Thanks all for your quick and on-point answers

Christopher