I can answer this one.

Put all the pdfs you wish to combine into one folder, get these files in the
order you want them to print in (number them or something). Select them all
double click to open in preview. You should see all the pages in descending
order in the sidebar.

Click on the second page down, scroll down to the final page and shift click
(therefore selecting pages 2 to the end), scroll back up to the top page in the
sidebar, now drag all those pages onto the first page (a plus sign with the
number of pages you've grabbed come up as you do this).

Now, IMPORTANT, go to the <Previous> arrow top left of the toolbar and click it
enough times to get yourself back so the first page is in view. Hit save. This
helps to open the file again with page one first and keep it all in order.

Close the file. Now go back into your folder and you can bin all the pdfs that
formed pages 2 to the end, keep just the first one which should now include all
the other pages within it, in sequence.

Another thing I do is to prepare all the other pages first in their single
files (e.g. if they are upside down, need centering, etc,) before Group
selection and amalgamation, otherwise some things are more difficult to
accomplish when they are all in one file.

Hope it works out for you.

Cheers,
Jonathan