(Assuming that Harold is asking a serious question, directed at the
first half of my post)

PC.  I was surprised that I could get a midi to USB cable that works
well (I'll post the link if anyone wants it), that it would cost
almost nothing, and that it would work with this old little Casio
MT-240.  I will have to get used to the mini keys on it - but they do
allow me to enter chords as widely spaced as a 12th.   It doesn't have
a "local on/off" switch but it has something easier - a volume
control.

As I said, I must have slightly brushed the computer keyboard
connector at the back of the computer - not only where the correct
pitches not showing up in Speedy Entry, but nothing, at all, would
happen when I pressed the number keys on the computer keyboard,  After
a few tries at all of the different midi device and thru settings, I
finally tried typing in Notepad and the culprit was found.

It's always something.

Raymond Horton
Bass Trombonist, Louisville Orchestra
Minister of Music, Edwardsville (IN) UMC
Composer, Arranger
VISIT US AT rayhortonmusic.com