I'm trying to assess the relative merits of using document styles for
starting new projects in Fin2012b as opposed to templates.

I used the Setup Wizard to create a new orchestral score (also a customized
Ensemble), imported all my settings, artics, expressions, etc., then
painstakingly edited all the staff and group names and positions as I prefer
and saved the whole thing as a new document style.  But if I try to create a
new score using this document style and the setup wizard, all the staff and
group editing is gone.  Of course, if I create the new score directly from a
template, all the staff and group changes are there.

It seems to me that going the template route will save a lot more time, even
if I have to add or remove some instruments and redo the scaling.  Am I
missing something with document styles?

-Lee

Lee Actor
Composer-in-Residence and Assistant Conductor, Palo Alto Philharmonic
http://www.leeactor.com