As one of the people who regularly pushes FINALE, to its very limits  - yes.

There are new people at MM, and my impression is that they are geared for less
adventurous users.

I tend to under-explain here. The ASIO-bug is already identified by MM. The
sheer virulence of the present one is a major weakness in that no recovery is
presently available. Its weakness lies in the "improvements" in 2012. Already
too many people here have noticed odd and maddening peculiarities as they
venture forward.

When a customer makes a normal adjustment associated with computer maintenance,
one has a reasonable expectation of continuity.

The recent expansions by MM are not being served well. It seems that like Avid,
the Garritan team has been abandoned to wander in the wilderness.

Jari, I am nonplussed by your defense of poor service by a firm we have all
supported with enthusiasm and money for too many years.

We are a small community. We have an important service to perform to other
users as well as the company that makes our work possible. So long as MM has a
policy of "forward" they must deal with a real and complex world.

This is why I founded this list. Our corporate world must be challenged by
independent voices.

The ASIO bug was entered for only M-Audio external devices. The immediate
solution was to disconnect the device. I have an internal audio card so
disconnection is not an option. I will proceed this holiday to do a clean that
is unknown to most PC users with regedit after the usual PC uninstall. If I
cannot recover in this way, the ball is clearly solely in MM's court as they
have violated proper Windows procedures in 2012.

There may be a further possibility. The arrival of my new box was delayed by
the proper requirement that it be "imaged" by our techs. I may have to have
them return it to their specs and start all over.

This is not a pleasant process, but my work is important to me.

You see, I really know what I'm doing. I used to beta-test FINALE but stopped
when I was doing months of research in Italy. I guess I should re-up. It's a
distraction, but we need to do our best for all of us.

Henry Howey
ListOwner

Sent from my iWhatever