hi katherine [forwarding your response this on the list, there are
many people there who may have equally or more intelligent answers
than me...]

you still haven't clarified whether you are using text expressions.
i would help if i could, but your explanation is not entirely
clear...?

number applied how?  using the articlation tool?  expression tool?

can you upload an image of what you are trying to do?

>Enclosures for numbers for footnotes for unusual fingerings.  I did
>surmise from the internet finale sit that there are two or three
>ways to do this, but nothing was clear or detailed.

neither was your post ;-)

we're all here to help, but help us help you!

cheers,
jef