Sorry, I'll try to be more clear.

If I drag the grace note (in layer 2) horizontally (either by clicking
directly on it in speedy and draging, or draging the handle that appears in
the Note Position Tool) it will hold its position for the time being,
however, if I go back into the speedy editing frame for that measure and
then click back out of the speedy frame, it then snaps back to it's
original position.

Finale 2008/Win7