From: finale-boun...@shsu.edu [mailto:finale-boun...@shsu.edu] On Behalf Of
Darcy James Argue
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 2:51 PM
To: finale@shsu.edu
Subject: [Finale] External displays

Hi all,

This may be stating the obvious, but pixels matter. Most large displays
still top out at HD resolution (1920 x 1080). That's what I have, and I'm
always wishing I had more real estate.

Apple's 27" displays are expensive but they contain significantly more
pixels (2560-by-1440). A few other manufacturers also make 2560-by-1440
pixel displays -- none of them are exactly cheap, but if you can afford it,
might as well get the most pixels you can afford.

Cheers,

- DJA
-----
WEB: http://www.secretsocietymusic.org

On Dec 11, 2012, at 5:22 PM, Chuck Israels <cisra...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Bigger is better.  I have a 27" - used to have a 30" - wish there were a
practical way to go larger.  Details that show up on printing tend to get
lost when viewing on a monitor, even full size.  Enlargements make problems
more apparent.  At least this has been my experience.  Get the largest
practical monitor - you won't regret it.