----- Original Message -----
From: "David H. Bailey"

> On 3/13/2013 10:59 AM, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
>> On Wed, March 13, 2013 10:54 am, Barbara Touburg wrote:
>>> No, it isn't. I'm thinking of re-installing Finale. That, however, won't
>>> fix the invisible pdf driver, I'm afraid.
>>
>> Unless you have a PDF printer driver, I thought there was only "Compile
>> Postscript Listing".
>>

> In that case, then any PDF printer driver should show up as one of the
> possible printers to choose from in the printer selection dialog,
> reached by clicking the down triangle beside the default printer which
> shows up when the Print dialog is opened.

The problem with printing direct from Finale to a PDF driver such as
CutePDF, is that the staff lines appear to be of varying thicknesses when
you view the PDF file.  Curiously they actually print OK on paper but they
look really ugly on the screen.  They certainly don't create a good
impression!

The way round this is to use the Compile Postscript Listing command (in the
File menu), which creates a ".PS" file.  You can't send this directly to
your printer on Windows, so I use a free utility program called Printfile:
 http://www.lerup.com/printfile/

You simply drag the PS file onto the Printfile icon and it is sent directly
to your PDF driver.  The output is superb.