Hi Craig...
How's your cimbasso? ;-)

It does take a fair amount of processing to make any sound library work.

What are you doing with respect to panning? That can help greatly. So can
reverb--how are you routing it? Are you using the stereo stage feature of ARIA?
How about EQ?
Also--what are you listening on? Computer speakers or studio monitors, or
something in between?
It is absolutely essential to stagger attack times by a few ticks as well. HP
does that to some extent, but perhaps not enough.

People sometimes set "out of the box" expectations for sound libraries too
high, which may lead to frustration.

Perhaps if you bring your computer down to Franklin and buy me a couple pints
of Guinness, we can discover some settings you like. ;-)

Some of us either make two scores (one for print & one for playback) or enter a
lot of invisible markings on one score.
Take a bit if time to experiment and I'll bet your frustration levels fall.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone, so please pardon all the typos.