I know this isn't what you are asking for (i.e. not a solution internal
to Finale), but it is really quick and easy to generate all your parts
as PDF, using the PDF Creator free software.  That is a good thing to do
without respect to the desire for colors.

But once your parts are in PDFs, you can use Acrobat Reader's
highlighting tool to get exactly the right effect, IMHO.  Don't color
the symbols for the reasons others have mentioned.  leave them black,
But highlight the background with bright yellow.  In the PDF, the segno
and coda symbols are treated as text, and therefore can be highlighted
by the Acrobat highlighting took.  It would take less than 2 minutes to
do this for a full big band arrangement, for example.

It would be really nice if a future version of Finale gave us a lot more
control over text attributes such as background color, but until then,
this is a good, quick, effective solution.