Because I have been living with the current set of bugs for a couple of
years and I hope some of them are fixed with a new release.

It isn't an arbitrary schedule.  it is what they announced last year and
then have said very little since.  But Justin has confirmed today they
are still on track with what they announced, so I'm good with that.

I have a bunch of software I want to upgrade this fall, and only enough
of a budget to do about half of that.  Finale is high on my list, so I
hope more details will become apparent before too long.  Practically
speaking, the ideal announcement window is the next 5 weeks if there is
a product to be delivered this year.