I have little experience with sound files, but a client wanted some, so I used
the "Export to Audio File" function and the result came out all right.

The one thing that confused me was that with one of my files I was given two
radio button options of "Standard Audio File" and "Compressed MP3 File", while
with the other file I got a drop-down menu with the options "iTunes.app
Document" or "WAV File".

I can probably make use of either mp3 or wav, so it's not really a problem. I
just found it very odd that the two were not consistent. I'm pretty sure both
files were made from the same template, and I'm using MacFin2010 for both.

Any idea why these are different?  Is there a setting somewhere I don't know
about?

thanks
mdl