On 2013-09-24 19:33, Robert Patterson wrote:
> I have a linked part with a tacet movement. The way I have handled this in
> the past is by grouping all the bars on one system and then hiding the
> system. This time, however, I have a couple of extra cue staves. I have
> hidden the cues staves with Blank Layer 1 with rests and Force Hide
> (Collapse). However, now when I try to hide the actual part staff, it
> continues to show the barlines. (And hiding barlines doesn't hide them.)
> Has someone gotten this to work?

Don't know if this could fit your workflow, but the way I have dealt
with tacets is to create a non-numbered MM rest with a "Tacet"
expression text.

There's a JW Lua sample script on the "full script" sample page in the
wiki that creates the tacet "rest", except the expression text. Please
note that the tacet is created regardless if there are notes or other
MM-breaking stuff in the region:
http://jwmusic.nu/jwplugins/wiki/doku.php?id=jwlua:fullscripts

Best regards,

Jari Williamsson