In the Chord Tool, Chord Menu, deselect Enable Chord Playback. That will
disable ALL chords through the entire document. If you only want the piano
chords disactivated, it depends on the version of Finale you have, but it is
either the Instrument List or the Score Manager that you need, click on the
arrow next to the staff to open a list of things to be enabled or disabled.

Christopher