Hi All,

I've been using Finale on the PC since it first came out, but I'm now
joining the Mac world. I'm trying to get everything working on my new
MacBook Air, so that when my iMac is delivered next week the transition will
be as seamless as possible. Two trouble spots have come up using Fin 2012c,
and MM tech support unfortunately couldn't help me.

On my MacBook Air, the Vienna font (musegraph.com)doesn't seem to have the
characters mapped correctly. I tried installing versions in dfont, ttf, and
otf formats (not at the same time , of course,) but it makes no difference.
The FAN file is installed as well. For example, the quarter rest comes out
as the Fortissississimo symbol, and the eighth rest as an accent mark. As
you'd expect, files previously created on the PC in Vienna come out
unreadable. But if I change the default file to Maestro, all is well. I did
add Vienna to my symbol font list, but that didn't seem to help either.

The other problem is that Finale Mac refuses to open the file I set as my
default. On the PC, it gives me the option to browse to the file, and then
has no trouble finding it when I hit Ctrl-N. I've tried everything to get
that to work on the Mac. I should mention that all my Finale files are
stored on Dropbox, but that doesn't seem to be a problem for anything else.

Thanks for any help. It's making me crazy!

- Bob Marks