I have done this with linked parts -- you go to manage parts and add the vocal
staff to the part definition (putting  it above or below as needed). Then in
layout you can adjust as you need, hide unused staves, etc. This way is pretty
straight forward, no copying/pasting and when you make changes they show up in
the parts.

George Brooke