Hi all,
I had fun creating my first scripts and I came up with 5 new scripts that work
well for me in my workflow. They are:
Remove Higher notes Ctrl+N
Remove Lower Notes Ctrl+B
Remove Ties Ctrl+T
Favor Flats Ctrl+A
Favor Sharps Ctrl+S

I use Hyperscore to input my music. I also use "Tie across bar-lines" and
frequently get many unwanted ties.
So I made the script "Remove Ties" and assigned it to Ctrl+T. This of course
uses the wonderful JW plugin "JW untie notes" by Jari Williamssohn.

Here is the script for Removing Ties:
menu item "Plugins/JW Plugins/JW Untie Notes"

Also in Hyperscore, I get a lot of unwanted doubled notes due to my legato
playing style.
So I created two scripts, one for removing the higher note, and one for
removing the lower note:

Removing Higher Notes:
menu item "TGTools/Modify/Special Modifications..."
choose menu item "Search And Modify"
check menu item "All single notes:"
Type 2 in "Nth note in chord (from top):"
check menu item "Keep only (erase others):"
Press "Go"

Removing Lower Notes:
menu item "TGTools/Modify/Special Modifications..."
choose menu item "Search And Modify"
check menu item "All single notes"
Type 1 in "Nth note in chord (from top)"
check menu item "Keep only (erase others)"
Press "Go"

Many passages will use sharps and flats in the same score.It is always a pain
to go and change these, so here is a script that changes them in a keystroke:

This one Favors Flats:
select window "Finale 2012/Enharmonic Spelling"
apply "Favor Flats"
menu item "Utilities/Respell Notes"

This one Favors Sharps:
select window "Finale 2012/Enharmonic Spelling"
apply "Favor Sharps"
menu item "Utilities/Respell Notes"

It is important to choose a keystroke that works for you and you'll be good to
go!

Best,
Greg