The Shostakovitch 5th has 3 violin parts in the slow movement.

I THINK the usual practice is to give the third part to the back few stands
of both 1st and 2nd - this works well if the 1 & 2 sections sit next to
each other.  I am not sure how the parts are laid out - I suppose both
first and second parts have the third part, but there may be a separate 3rd
part.

Raymond Horton
Bass Trombonist, Louisville Orchestra
Minister of Music, Edwardsville (IN) UMC
Composer, Arranger
VISIT US AT rayhortonmusic.com