Have you tried trashing the Finale preferences? The procedure changes
according to the OS, so you had better find out where the correct
prefs file is stored. I do not, however, suggest trashing it and then
emptying the trash the way they suggest, as this may not solve the
problem and then you have a raw prefs file to reconstruct. I prefer
to drag it to the desktop, restart Finale, and see if that solves it.
If so, then trash the file. If it didn't solve anything, then you can
replace the new prefs with your old file.

Christopher