There is a movement towards the use key signatures especially if the music
is more modern.  Modern shows and modern music tend to use them so I would
suggest that you do that.  Wind bands have been using key signatures for
years.  In extreme keys especially a key signature will make for much
"cleaner" parts.  As to which I prefer personally, I suppose it depends on
the music.  Like most horn players, I'm happy with either.

If, as it seems,  this is being done for a specific player it may be worth
asking him what he prefers.

Going slightly off at a tangent from your question, if you are producing a
full set of parts for publication or general use, personally I would like
to see in the set the original un-transposed parts and also a set of horn
in F parts for those who prefer it.  If there is any chance that the music
may be played on natural horns then obviously they will prefer original
parts.

Cheers

On 9 February 2014 15:39, Martin Banner <mbanner...@aol.com> wrote:

> As a horn player, which would you rather see, accidentals as you go
> along, or a key signature at the beginning? Thanks for sharing your
> expertise.
>
> Martin

Lawrenceyates.co.uk