Hi Geoff,

I recently had a large project in which I was receiving MIDI files from an
orchestrator and had the same issue. A partial solution was to use the TGTools
Process parts plug-in which would, at least remove the unwanted note in the
succeeding measure. You could then use JW Untie Notes to remove the tie. The
only caveat is this process can only be done a few measures at a time, rather
than en masse.

This is a situation where the composer or orchestrator should be doing their
best to quantize their sequence in DP, Logic, etc., prior to sending the MIDI
file to the copyist.

Hope this helps,
Greg

Greg Hamilton