Doubling rules are itemized in orchestral contracts.

Clarinets are commonly not paid doubling for Bb - A, but are paid for
bass or Eb in addition to soprano.

My orchestra, in the past, had a rule that exempted the 3rd/bass
clarinet chair from doubling - it did not pay that chair doubling
unless they played three instruments at one service, so Bb and bass
was not doubling for the player contracted for that chair.  Now, it's
common to see doubling paid for the bass clarinet player to play
anything other than bass, but this can vary quite a bit among
different orchestras.

Union rules, outside of a steady contract, are usually more strict on
doubling than are symphony contracts.

Raymond Horton
Bass Trombonist, Louisville Orchestra
Minister of Music, Edwardsville (IN) UMC
Composer, Arranger
VISIT US AT rayhortonmusic.com