Perhaps set to a channel with no sound loaded -- i.e. midi channel 64?

GJB

________________________________
 From: Brian Williams <br...@barisax.net>
Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2014 2:41:34 PM
Subject: [Finale] Speedy Entry in Finale Mac 2012 with MIDI Thru turned off

I'm having some major problems with Finale Mac 2012 using Speedy Entry with
MIDI Thru turned off.
It seems that unless MIDI Thru is turned on, the program randomly crashes,
and I usually have to click twice on a measure to bring up the Speedy Entry
frame. This sometimes ends up deleting whatever entries were previously in
the frame.
I really don't want to turn MIDI Thru on because I work in transposed
scores, and the notes that sound when I enter them using a MIDI keyboard in
Speedy sound in concert pitch, which is very confusing to my ear.
Is there a setting somewhere that will enable me to work in Speedy in Finale
2012 with MIDI Thru turned off without the program exhibiting this unstable
behavior?

-Brian Williams