Yes, there are bugs.  The one you mention happens when the hairpins extend to
the end of the measure.  It renders the Smart Find and Paste feature nearly
unusable.  There are a number of other deeply annoying bugs - scrolling issues
that occur when Finale has been open for a while, making navigation difficult,
and one of the most annoying; cursor keys stop working in Speedy Entry
(erratically - sometimes they work sometimes not) making navigation among entry
points within the Speedy Entry frame require the use of the mouse - not at all
convenient.  This is the first time I've been so frustrated with an "upgrade".

On Apr 5, 2014, at 9:29 AM, Craig Parmerlee <cr...@parmerlee.com> wrote:

> There are a bunch of bugs in the A version.  That smart find and paste
> is so messed up, it is practically unusable.  Half the time, when
> copying hairpins, some of them get wildly wrong coordinates in the
> target measures, stretching them over 40 measures or something. And it
> no longer finds matches properly.  It worked fine for me up through 2012.
>
> This is turning what should have been a 60 minute editing job into a 5
> hour marathon because I have to apply all my slurs and hairpins manually.

Chuck Israels
8831 SE 12th Ave.
Portland, OR 97202-7097

land line: (503) 954-2107