It really is a shame because 2014 is a good release in many respects.
The Windows version has caused me relatively few problems, but this
smart copy one is enough to drive one batty.

I had hoped they had turned the corner after taking so much time to get
2014 out.

I compare Finale with Cakewalk.  I am a regular Sonar user.  There are
many similarities between the companies.  Both have been around decades
and have a large, loyal, extremely forgiving user base.  Both companies
got into financial difficulties and went through massive ownership
changes.  In Cakewalk's case, they were acquired by Roland for a number
of years.  During that time, they tried to advance the state of the art
with their X1 and X2 platforms.  Those packages were impressive, but so
loaded with bugs they lost many users and couldn't attract new users.
Their ownership thought the path forward was to keep developing new
stuff and not attend to the bugs.

It really came almost to riot proportions among the user base. There
were many good people at Cakewalk, just as I am sure the same is true of
Finale.  And I'm sure none of them felt good about having such a poor
quality product on the market.  That didn't really change until Gibson
bought Cakewalk.  That was about the time that they released X3.  While
X3 continued strong technology leadership, there was clearly a huge
effort put into cleaning up long-standing bugs.  Most notably, in the 6
months that X3 has been out, there have been 5 major patch levels.
There are still a few bugs, of course, but the user base is wildly
enthusiastic now and actively recommending the product to colleagues.

I'm not saying that a product must have one big patch release every 30
days, but a product with as many issues as Finale really deserves more
than one patch release in 5 months.