only other way is to select the staff  which is part of a group with the Staff
Tool and click the menu:
Staff-Groups and Brackets-Remove

unfortunately that will delete ALL group elements of that group (or ALL groups
that this staff is a part of) - but at least what's before and after won't be
affected.

Thomas Schaller