Preferences>Edit>Respect Instrument Ranges when Copying or Changing Instruments
(needs to be unchecked).

This is a semi-cool idea, but man have they not worked it out yet. If you copy
only articulations, say, from one staff to another with music already in it, it
transposes the music in the target area anyway. Can't imagine a scenario in
which you'd want that.

David Wolfson
davidwolfsonmusic.net