I have never had any contact with Sibelius, but understand that it supports
OpenType advanced typographic features and controls. Does anyone know how long
this has been so? I am keenly in need of these features, but am so turned off
by what I know about Sibelius that I don't even want to explore it. This, along
with a native way to beam across barlines and the ability to do French Beams on
Special-Tool-altered entries, is really my only kvetch -- which, in the
software world, is really not that bad.
Now that MakeMusic has been sold down the river, maybe I'll have to just forget
about Finale all together… but I don't know where I'd turn if I did.