On 20.10.2014 05:07, Lee Dengler wrote:
> I am engraving a piece that has a repeated section.  The first ending
> is
> very long - about 4.5 systems.  I have the beginning bracket for the
> first
> ending left open on the right end.  I have the ending bracket only in
> the
> least measure of the first ending.  It has the left end open.  I
> tried to
> continue the bracket through the entire first ending.  Two of the
> systems
> would only had the line with no beginning or ending.  That bracket
> line -
> all by itself with no beginning or ending "hook" looks odd on those 2
> systems.  Is there some rule about this that I am not aware of?
> Thanks to
> anyone who can help.
>
> Lee Dengler

I'm interested to hear views on this too Lee.  I had exactly the same
situation earlier this year, a fairly rush job so I didn't have time to
ponder or research it.  I put in the open-ended line above the systems
and, although it does look strange as you say, I can tell you the
amateur band players had no difficulty understanding and following it,
which is what counts in the end in my book.