I have been testing Finale 2012 on my MacBook Pro with Yosemite.

When I create a new document with the startup wizard I can save it, edit it,
close it and reopen it. It all seems fine until I try to play it back.

I switched Human Playback to NONE, turned scrolling on, and it played fine
(using Garritan sounds)

I turned Human Playback to CLASSICAL and the program crashed when I hit play.

Every time.

Once when I hit Play a window came up that said: "Unhandled exception caught."

When I clicked OK, Finale crashed.

But whether or not that window comes up, it always crashes when HP is turned on.

Opening up Finale 2012 for that test made me really appreciate just how much
better looking Finale 2014 is.

Anyway, I hope this helps. I don’t fault Finale because its 3 year old program
doesn’t work with a brand new OS.

Perhaps Makemusic could offer a “sorry ‘bout that” discount for people who
updated to Yosemite and find Finale 2012 doesn’t work for them.

But even without a discount, I think it is well worth the price to upgrade to
2014.

– Terry

Terry Vosbein

Professor of Composition