That would do the job asked for, but it would be written with an
incorrect key signature.

I have serious doubts this is the right thing to do. I presume the
notes in Layer 2 are a "cue" and there's a separate Bass Clarinet part
with these same notes transposed for Bb.  Any cue notes written on the
Bari part are intended to be played by an Eb Bari Sax only, so should
not be transposed for Bb.