On 12/27/2014 10:36 AM, Kenneth Moore wrote:
> I have had Finale 2014 (on Windows 8.1 [spit for protection!]) for only
> five days, but have searched the documentation fairly energetically
> during that period, trying to discover how to set the folders to which
> automatic saves and previous copy saves are sent (.asv and .bak in F2004
> of blessed memory).  I have not even found an indication that these
> saves happen in this version.  Please will someone give me the route to
> the place in the documentation that describes what F2014 does.

I don't know where the information is in the documentation, but that
setting is where it's always been, in the Preferences dialog.  On
Windows machines, it's under the Edit menu.  Select Preferences and then
select Folders and then you can set the locations of the folders for
your Finale files, for backup files, for your Autosave files, template
files, and other such things.

I don't know which folder to look under for the Preferences dialog on Macs.

-----
David H. Bailey