On 20/01/2015, at 2:00 AM, finale-requ...@shsu.edu wrote:

> Does anyone have a recommendation for a good scanner? I've decided that it
> will be much quicker to scan printouts into PDF's than to bring many of my
> old Finale files up to date, so I'd like to get a scanner for this purpose.
>
> Also, can anyone suggest a good tradeoff for resolution vs. file size?
>
> Thanks,
> Robert

I've scanned a lot of music over the years with my Epson V350 at, mainly, 300
dpi with good results. My recommendation is not for this relatively old
scanner, but for the third-party software I use with my iMac: VueScan.

It has survived Mac upgrades much better than the Epson software, it handles
multiple PDF pages well, and it provides more options than the original
software.

Regards,

Rudi vB.