I had a bizarre problem crop up.  I wonder if anybody else has seen this.

I am working on an orchestral score.  Most of the instruments have their
own staff, but a few are doubled up (FH1&2, FH3&4, Tpt1&2, etc)  I use
manage parts most of the time I can simply stack the notes and let
Manage Parts take the top and bottom notes to two separate parts.
Sometimes the voices are different enough that I have to use the second
layer for the second part.  Finale has always handled that reasonably.

With this document, somewhere along the way, something got botched up
such that as soon as I clicked the layer-2 button, all the layer 1 notes
disappeared.  They re-appeared as soon as I clicked on layer 1.

I verified that other documents continued to work correctly.  Only this
one MUSX file was wrong.  I suspected some wayward keystroke changed the
document options settings.  But when I went to the options-Layers box,
"hide layer when inactive" was unchecked for all layers.  I tried
checking it, saving, then un-checking, but that had no effect.

Ultimately I found that I had saved 4 versions of this MUSX file along
the way.  The problem was present in the 3rd anf 4th, but the first 2
were OK.  So I resolved the problem by copying my second version,
clearing all the notes, then copying all the music from the broken 4th
version.  Of course all my parts layouts were messed up, and things like
rehearsal marks don't come across.  But it did fix the problem.

Just wonder if anybody else has seen this.