Playback of Finale 2014 on Windows 8.1 seems to have its own ideas as to
the relative dynamic of notes on different layers of the same stave.  I
use non-printing expressions with MIDI controllers as the defined
playback.  In F2004 this applied to the whole stave.  In F2014, a right
click on an expression gives me the option to display on all layers or
any one of them, but playback can be set to apply only to "Current
layer" or any one; "all layers" is not offered.  I presume "current
layer" means the one open for input at present, rather than anything to
do with playback time (the documentation is unforthcoming).  How can one
most easily apply the main volume controller to a whole stave?

TIA

Ken Moore