As a player, my preference would be to see single repeat marks in bars
instead of rests (staff style O).
In addition to Jef¹s suggestion, another option is to create a multi
measure rest. Then select the measure and apply the staff style to it. I
created expressions for 6X (for an 8-bar phrase, one example bar and a
closing bar with indicated fill) and 7X (for an 8-bar phrase, no closing
fill) which I place over the measures I grouped in the rest. While this
adds steps to creating the rest, the repeats are expected elements in a
drum part, while rests that a drummer is supposed to play through, are not.
In agreement with Jef¹s suggestion (which I also use), having the bars
written out across the system allows the drummer to easily put their own
marks/cues/etc. into the music.

Just my two bits,
Geoff