It's a bug. Putting slash notation in the same measure with normal notation
causes smart shapes to disappear, but only when the measure STARTS with normal
notation. I have the same trouble with slurs. The only thing I can suggest in
this case is create a graphic expression and attach it that way. Also complain
to MakeMusic about it.

Christopher

Oh wait. There is a better workaround. Use the old-school method for slash
notation, which is to put two quarter notes on the centre line B and change the
note heads to slashes, then hide the stems. Much better, especially since it
stays put and can be easily copied to other staves.