On 3/22/2015 8:35 AM, Bob Morabito bobmorab...@optonline.net
[Orchestralist] wrote:

> Sorry..but IMHO this is a bit of a reach, to try and cover a big point
> that didnt quite make it.
>
> And its incorrect to boot--sorry..
>
> Your original statement:
>
>> In
>> a huge improvement over Sibelius version 7, the inspector can be left
>> open on-screen (it changes what can be edited according to what has been
>> selected in the score). This is like earlier versions of Sibelius had
>> and a feature which I wish Sibelius 7 had retained.
>
> It was pointed out the Inspector could be pinned and it would stay open.
>
> You now say:
>
> On Mar 22, 2015, at 7:53 AM, 'David H. Bailey' dhbaile...@comcast.net
> <mailto:dhbaile...@comcast.net> [sibelius-list]
> <sibelius-l...@yahoogroups.com <mailto:sibelius-l...@yahoogroups.com>>
> wrote:
>

>>> True, but when you exit the program and then restart it, the Inspector
>>> panel isn't open anymore and you have to re-open it. With MuseScore2
>>> the Inspector panel stays open all the time if you want it to, and will
>>> be open when you restart the program.
>>>
>>> With Sib7.1 when I leave the Inspector pinned in one score but then
>>> close that and start a new score, the Inspector is no longer there.
>>>
>>> I think the way MuseScore2 has handled it is more convenient.
>>>

> If have the Inspector pinned, (and the rest set up as you like it) and
> you set both your preferences In Sib in
>
> *FIles: Set Custom Size and Position and *
> *
> *
> *DIsplay:Set Custom View Options*
>
> you will receive green acknowledgements they have been set (pls see
> attachment)...and when you open a file in SIb, the Inspector WILL  be
> open and pinned..
>
> (And even if it wasnt, it would only take one click to open it.)
>

> This was basically a major thrust of your argument why Musescore was so
> good, and sorry but it really isn't a valid, or even correct point at all.
>
> Thanks Bob

Now that I have jumped through those hoops, I can see that you are
correct, Bob and I stand corrected about my statement that the Inspector
couldn't be made to stay open in Sibelius7.  I find those steps very
unintuitive, but I appreciate you taking the time to show me how it
could be done.  In MuseScore, there were no hoops to jump through to
achieve that, no arcane preferences to try to locate.

However that point was *not* the major thrust of my argument why
MuseScore was so good.  It was a single point that I mentioned, but not
a major part of "They've added many other features and really moved the
program forward in a major leap toward quality engraving."

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com