A friend recently got a new computer (Windows 8.1) and asked me for help
in getting his Finale 2007 running again. It was largely a matter of
changing some program and document options.

One problem I was not able to solve involved faulty print out: the note
heads, which appear correctly on the screen, are printed as accents > ,
eighth-note rests as turn signs, and quarter rests as fermatas. The
printer driver for the Kyocera Taskalfa 221 is up-to-date. The font is
set to Maestro (though I also tried Engraver and Petrucci with different
but just as faulty results). Neither closing and restarting Finale nor
restarting the computer had any effect on this.

Printing the file as a pdf functions and is viable as a workaround, but
not really very convienient.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Howard

--

Howard Weiner
h.wei...@online.de

If vegetarians eat only vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?