I have had this same issue, and my experience seems to be this:

Finale no longer creates a separate file (at least not where you can find it),
and the AutoSave function also doesn’t interrupt Finale the way it used to.  I
struggled with this for months - thinking it wasn’t working at all.  However,
if there is a crash, the file will reopen in an AutoSaved form.  The system is
working in the background - you just can’t find the file as a separate entity.
I have finally relaxed about this, as the system seems to work reliably.  It’s
just different from the way it used to work.

I hope I am right about this.  So far, it’s been OK.

Chuck

> On May 21, 2015, at 8:04 AM, John Roberts <an...@nycap.rr.com> wrote:
>
> No, it doesn't exist per se. Finale reopens it as the original file,
> under that name. When you're working normally, you can see it in its
> folder, but when you open it, it opens under the original file name and
> the asv file no longer exists until autosave operates again. Again, this
> is what I think. Scholars may differ.
>
> If you want to check the archives, I started a thread on this problem on
> 2/17/15. (You responded to it.) I'd be happy to forward you the emails,
> if that's more convenient.
>
> John
>

> On 5/21/15 9:34 AM, Robert Patterson wrote:
>> I'm having the opposite problem. The asv file does not exist.
>>
>> On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 8:29 AM, John Roberts <an...@nycap.rr.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I commented on this a few months ago. I think when Finale restarts, it
>>> opens the autosaved file without giving you the choice of what to open.
>>> But I didn't really investigate fully. It does mean that if you crash in
>>> the middle of a long and complex experiment, you don't have the "return
>>> to saved" option. I think.
>>>
>>> John

>>> nowhere

Chuck Israels