I did the crossgrade back at v4.  Sibelius does take a lot of getting used to,
but that’s to be expected.

v4 was awful IMO, v5 a bit better, and v6 better still, all for my needs.  v7
they redid the entire GUI and I hated it.  It was the final straw for me to
abandon it; but YMMV.

The biggest issues I had with it were:

1.  Slurs. v6 improved them greatly but doing things like cross-staff slurs and
especially cross-voiced slurs are very nearly impossible.  You can do it but it
is very much a kludge to adjust them and keep them adjusted properly.  They
simply aren’t designed to do that the way Finale does.  My work sees a lot of
these types of slurs.

2.  Transposition with parts.  This was my coffin-nail with Sibelius.  When you
have transposed parts you CANNOT have a different enharmonic spelling in the
part than the score.  They are linked irrevocably and Daniel Spreadbury, the
former resident Avid/Sibelius guru who was let go some time ago, verified this
to me shortly before the v7 release.  They did NOT implement that in v7 either.
 This is completely asinine to me.

There are other quirks but at the same time there are some noticeable
advantages and disadvantages to each program; too numerous to mention here.
One would experience the same thing if going from Sibelius to Finale.  There is
an expected learning curve but it’s not insurmountable.

I will also say that transferring files in either direction via xml is a bit of
a mini-nightmare, particularly where text expressions are concerned.  I does
work, but there is a LOT of manual cleanup after the transfer, in either
direction.

But the only way you’re going to find out is to dive in.  You might like v7’s
new interface.  But I didn’t.

HTH a little.

J D Thomas
ThomaStudios